Mark Your Calendar – Village Central Park Plan Discussion
Submitted by the RPC
On July 19th, the Riverwoods Board of Trustees will discuss a landscaping and centralized park plan for the new Village Hall and surrounding area. The plan has been developed by a noted landscape architect with input and funding from the Riverwoods Preservation Council (RPC), the Plant Committee, and Village staff.
Key elements of the plan include:
- A natural recreation area to encourage children to get outdoors and interact with the woodlands.
- A playground area for smaller children
- Pathways, picnic areas, a Council Ring re pit, areas for public gatherings such as Halloween, Easter Egg hunt, plant sale, scouting activities, and other exciting ideas such as a camping area.
- Educational areas explaining the bene ts and implementation of ecological practices such as rain gardens, canopy clearing, living with wetlands, and removal of invasive plants.
- Exploration of corporate and resident fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
Please come to the July 19th meeting to learn more of the plan details. The Board meeting will be held at 7:30pm at Wolters Kluwer on Lake Cook Road. Signs will direct you to the building once you turn into the Wolters Kluwer driveway. For more details watch the RPC website (www.riverwoodsrpc.org) and Facebook page once the nal presentation materials and cost estimates are complete, and the Village of Riverwoods website and facebook page.